I am having the perfect day. To wit:
- I woke up before the alarm, feeling refreshed.
- I got on the scale and wasn’t horrified.
- I didn’t have to climb over dogs to make breakfast.
- I found the perfect gifts for my nephew and brother in law.
- The kids have found waaay more things to do on this day off than simply watch tv.
- No one has complained that they are bored; no one has complained that they are hungry and there’s nothing to eat.
- I walked into the house after being out for a while, and discovered everyone had picked up the stray socks and orphaned shoes.
- Amazingly, the kids decided to pick up all the random sports balls left all over the yard and put them away.
- The study room/play room looks neat and tidy — as if maybe elves came through and straightened up.
- The stink bugs have disappeared.
HA. April Fools!
In actuality only the very first statement is true, but I am having the perfect day:
- The alarm woke me up this morning, but there were no dogs in my bed so I could stretch the full length of it.
- The stars aligned properly and my hair looks pretty good — which is saying something since I had to go to the City today to take Claire to the Curly Salon.
- The weather is spectacular.
- The New York City traffic wasn’t terrible at all and the city was fantastic today.
- The children don’t seem particularly combative with each other.
- Daughter #1 made brownies.
- I found a free hour in my schedule on Monday that I didn’t know I had.
- The afternoon running around appears to be manageable — I don’t have to be 3 places at the same time.
- I received word that my Zappo’s order is en route.
- I have a dinner plan that should not make anyone cry.
Little things, happy day.